Japan a land of the rising sun is an island country located in East Asia is the third-largest developed country in the world. Japan is comprised of 6,852 islands which extend up to the Pacific Coast of Asia.
The main islands from north to south here are Hokkaido, Honshu, Shikoku, Kyushu, and Okinawa whereas, Tokyo is the capital as well as the most populated city in the world.
Japan is famous for its art, culture, cuisine, music, animation, and video games. The culture of Japan is inspired by Asia, Europe, and North America. Japanese arts include ceramics, textiles, lacquerware, swords, and dolls.
The practice of ikebana, martial arts, calligraphy, origami, and geisha is also done here. Seafood & Japanese rice & noodles form the part of their diet seasoned with soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, and mirin. Japanese music is quite eclectic & diverse and influenced by American & European trends leading to the evolution of J-Pop and Karaoke is the most popular activity.
Japan has 22 World Heritage Sites by UNESCO making it one of the favorite tourist destinations. While in Japan you shouldn’t miss visiting Tokyo city tour, Universal Studios, Tokyo Disneyland, Mount. Fuji, Asakusa Shrine, Kyoto Imperial Palace, Taketomi Island, and Yakushima Island.
Nature lovers must not miss a chance to be part of the Cherry Blossom Festival which takes place between January to April end in different parts of Japan.
Applicants applying for Japan Business visas need to follow the same procedure as the tourism purpose. Documents submitted are required in original from Japan and India, the cover letter must be on the company letterhead with seal & signature mentioning the purpose of the travel, stay period, and inviter’s details.
Company Registration will be required if self-employed or Leave Letter & NOC if employed with Company Profile. Charges, processing time, and other documents remain the same as of tourist visas.
Tourists visiting Japan from any country requires to have a valid tourist visa that allows them to visit as a tourist or meet family & friends in Japan. Indians visiting Japan for tourism purpose or to meet family & friends needs to have Japan tourist visa for Indians.
While applying for Japan tourist visa you need to meet certain criteria and prove your eligibility for applying for the visa. While applying for the visa:
- You need to hold a Passport with the validity of 6 months from your intended date of return.
- You need to have sufficient funds to prove your stay in Japan.
- You need to prove that you will exit your home country from Japan before the visa expires.
Japan visa processing is completely offline by submitting the documents at the consulate. Biometrics are not required for applying for a tourist visa. The applicant doesn’t need to visit the consulate for applying for the visa it can be applied by the visa agent on behalf of the applicant. You need to make sure to give all the details true and to the best of your knowledge to get the visa approved. Japan Consulate is strict for visa processing if they found any of the documents irrelevant or misleading they reject the visa and you cannot apply for the next 6 months.
Once the application is submitted you get the visa in 4 -5 working days. Visa, if approved will be of the validity of 90 days with the stay of 15 or 30 days as per the itinerary submitted. You can apply for the visa 90 days before your intended travel date.
Japan visa checklist for Indians
- Original Passport
- Visa Form
- 2 Photograph (2-inch x 2 inches with white background, matt finish and 80 % face.)
- Cover Letter in detail with all the traveler’s name & passport number if accompanying on the same trip. Travel Dates needs to be mentioned and if invited inviter’s details are mandatory and your employment details.
- Day Wise Itinerary
- Income Tax Return
- Bank Statement
- Leave Letter or NOC from employer
- Company Registration Paper if self-employed
- Return Air Ticket
- Hotel Accommodation covering all the days in Japan.
- Address proof for applicants from other jurisdictions. Rent Agreement or company letter is accepted as address proof.
- Sponsorship letter if sponsored & Sponsor’s Passport copy.
- Invitation letter in original from Japan
- Jhuminyo Letter in original from Japan
- Letter of Guarantee in original from Japan
- Inviter’s Passport copy
- Inviter’s Residence card
Visa fees for all the applicants are the same and must be paid in cash of INR 510/- on the day of the collection of the Passport. They do not accept payment by card. Visa fees remain the same for 15 days and 30 days visit visa.
Note: All the documents submitted must be on A4 size Paper. The visa form can be filled online or handwritten both are accepted. For minor applicants, parents must sign their form.
Points to Remember
apply japan tourist online now !!
- For filing Japan Visa for Indians you need to submit all the papers in original as it is a paper-based application.
- You can apply for the visa 90 days before your intended travel date to Japan.
- If you are traveling to the third country then you need to process that visa before applying for Japan Visa.
- Employment Papers submitted must be genuine any fake or suspicious documents will lead to rejection.
- Air Tickets & Hotel Accommodation must be confirmed while applying for the visa.
- If you have an invite then inviter’s documents must be in original from Japan.
- Travel Insurance is not mandatory for applying tourist visa for Japan.
- Visa applications are accepted at Mumbai, Delhi, and Chennai Japan Consulates.
- You need to submit the address proof if your jurisdiction is different. Consulate accepts Rent Agreement or a letter from the company as the address proof.
- Japan visa is processed in 4 – 5 working days.
- Visa fees are to be paid in cash on the day of the collection. They do not accept card payment or the payment on the day of the submission.
- Japan visa if rejected cannot be reapplied for 6 months.
Why Choose Fly For Holidays?
At Fly for holidays we assure you for real-time support over calls, emails, and Whatsapp this will help you to prepare your documents properly
Pick and drop
Be rest assured for your application as we provide doorstep services for your application enabling you the next level of comfort.
Visa for several countries.
We provide visa services for major countries including the US, UK, Schengen, Australia, New Zealand and many more.
Payment of visa fees
Your privacy and security is our primary concern . You can pay us online through net banking or Paytm and google pay.
Trust of Happy Customers
Our visa experts has handled more than 10,000 happy customers which allowed us to process more than 30,000 visa applications.
Promise to our customer
To get more happy customers we keep ourselves updated about the process which allows us to ensure to get your work on time.