Italy is surrounded by several islands, located in south-central Europe and also western Europe sharing its borders with France, Switzerland, Austria & Slovenia is considered as the most developed country culturally & economically.
Italy is home to the largest number of world heritage sites – 55, depicting its cultural wealth. People visit here for its cuisine, fashion, culture & art, beaches, mountains, and monuments making it the 5th most visited country in the world.
Each city has to offer something great for the tourist visiting here. Milan the fashion hub, Rome for Colosseum, Sicily the most popular island, Sardinia for beaches, Naples for the historic sites and cuisine especially pizza, Venice for its canals, Genova for wealth & diversity and Pisa for Leaning Tower of Pisa, one of the seven wonders of the world.
While you are visiting Italy you should not miss out certain things to do which includes climbing Mount Vesuvius, visiting Lake Como, marvelous Colosseum, trip to Pompeii, Visiting Vatican City, enjoying the ride in Grand Canal at Venice, eating pizza in Naples, and climbing the Leaning Tower of Pisa.
Indians who intend to visit Italy as a tourist or to meet their family and friends need to apply for Italy Visa for Indians which falls under short term visa category also can be recognized as a tourist category.
Italy is a part of 26 Schengen countries so with a valid visa you can travel to the other regions. The tourist visa is an offline process and before starting with the process you need to decide on the itinerary covering the regions you plan to visit. For applying for Italy Visa you need to have maximum stay in Italy irrespective of the entry & exit.
Eligibility for the Italy tourist visa
- You need to hold a valid Passport of 3 months from your intended date of exit Italy.
- 2 Blank pages in Passport.
- You need to prove the purpose of your visit to Italy.
- You need to prove you hold sufficient funds to cover your stay in Italy.
- You need to prove economic & social ties in your home country.
- You will return to your home country before the visa expires.
- Passports with name remarks are not accepted.
How to apply for an Italy tourist visa?
- The tourist visa for Italy allows you to visit as a tourist and to meet your family & friends is processed offline. The applicant is required to visit the center for the submission of the documents and biometrics. The visa received will be stamped on the passport.
- On the scheduled appointment day you have to visit the VFS center submit the documents as per the checklist, submit the biometrics, and make the payment for visa processing. VFS fees and Consulate charges are to be paid at the center.
- Children below 12 years are not required to give biometrics. Applicants who have visited Schengen Areas in the last 36 months do not require to give biometrics.
Process for Italy tourist visa
- Italy tourist visa offers offline services by submitting the passport and the required documents at the VFS center.
- While preparing for the application it is always advisable to take the guidance and support of the best visa agent to avoid delays or rejections.
- Once you have decided on the itinerary and travel dates you need to start collecting the documents. If you have an invite you need to collect those documents in advance as it will be required for filling up the online form & to prepare a cover letter.
- The visa form for a tourist visa is filled online. All the details in the form must be to the best of your knowledge. Do not fill any false details.
- The cover letter must have all the details regards to the purpose of your travel, employment details, and who will bear the expenses of the trip. Inviter’s details if you have an invite. If you are traveling with the family then the Name of all the travelers and relation with their Passport Number must be mentioned.
- The invitation letter must have the inviter’s Name, Passport Number, Contact Number, Mail Id, and place of residence in Italy. Inviter must mention the Name, Passport Number, and relation to the invitee in the letter.
- Once all the documents are arranged you need to schedule an appointment at the nearby VFS center.
- On the day of the appointment, you must reach at least 15 minutes before the scheduled appointment time.
- At the center, the VFS representative will be collecting the documents, guiding you for biometrics, and payment.
- At the counter, you need to submit the documents to make payment and then proceed for the biometrics process. Once this process gets over you will be handed over a payment receipt with reference number, your name & passport number which is to be preserved for further communication.
- Payment has to be made in cash or by card at the counter. Payment made at the center will be Consulate Fees & VFS charges.
- The processing time for the visa is 10 – 12 days. You can track your application online by visiting the VFS website with the help of the reference number or call them and check it.
- Once the passport is ready for collection you need to carry the original receipt given by the center and one Xerox of government ID proof of the applicant.
- You can opt for courier service by paying the charges if you do not wish to revisit the center.
Visa if approved will be valid for 90 days or as per the conditions mentioned on the visa.
Documents required for Italy visa
- Original Passport
- Visa Form
- Document Checklist
- Appointment letter
- Cover Letter
- Travel itinerary
- Hotel Accommodation
- Bank Statement
- Income Tax Returns
- Travel Insurance
- Appointment letter/ Offer letter
- Leave letter mentioning the days of leaves sanctioned, your designation, and authorized signatories name, sign & seal.
- Salary Slips
- Salary Bank Statement
- Company Registration Papers
- GST Certificate
- Company Bank Statement
- Company Income Tax Returns
- School/College ID card
- Current Academic Year fee receipt or,
- Bonafide Certificate
- Pension Bank Statement
- Proof of regular income.
- Sponsorship Letter
- Sponsor’s Passport Copy
- Sponsor’s Bank Statement
- Sponsor’s Income Tax Returns
- Invitation letter
- Inviter’s Passport copy
- Italian Identity Card
- Inviter’s Residence proof
- Inviter’s Employment proof
Additional documents may be asked by the Italy consulate apart from listed in the checklist.
- Turnaround time of the application processing is consulate’s discretion. Processing time for the application is 10 – 12 days however it may differ based on the application. It is advisable to submit documents are per the checklist to avoid delays & rejection.
- Consulate accepts application 90 days before your intended travel date. It is advisable to submit documents in a proper order to avoid delays or rejection.
Italy Tourist visa fees
- Visa fees can be paid by two modes: card and cash at the VFS counter.
Tourism / Visiting family & friends
INR 6,370 – Adult
Tourism / Visiting family & friends
INR 3,190 – Child below 12 years
Where to apply?
Apply italy tourist visa now !!
- Once you are ready with all the documents from India and Italy and the appointment letter. On the scheduled appointment day you need to visit the VFS center where you have booked an appointment.
- You need to carry all the documents in the original/copy while visiting the center. Mumbai, New Delhi, Panaji, Chandigarh, Jalandhar, Puducherry, Hyderabad, Pune, Cochin, Bangalore, Chennai Ahmedabad, Kolkata, Trivandrum, and Gurgaon are the centers wherein Italy Tourist Visa applications are accepted.
Why Choose Fly For Holidays?
Visa for several countries.
We provide visa services for major countries including the US, UK, Schengen, Australia, New Zealand and many more.
At Fly for holidays we assure you for real-time support over calls, emails, and Whatsapp this will help you to prepare your documents properly
Pick and drop
Be rest assured for your application as we provide doorstep services for your application enabling you the next level of comfort.
Payment of visa fees
Your privacy and security is our primary concern . You can pay us online through net banking or Paytm and google pay.
Trust of Happy Customers
Our visa experts has handled more than 10,000 happy customers which allowed us to process more than 30,000 visa applications.
Promise to our customer
To get more happy customers we keep ourselves updated about the process which allows us to ensure to get your work on time.